Still haven’t upgraded your Galaxy S2 to latest Android ICS firmware? Needless to say, Ice Cream Sandwich will offer a far more engaging user experience compared to Gingerbread, and I am quite sure that the legions of Galaxy S2 owners out there cannot wait for the Ice Cream Sandwich update to arrive Stateside.
Here is the download link and tutorial to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.0.3 DXLP9 (singapore):
– Download the ODIN file: Link
– Download the Android 4.0.3 DXLP9 firmware. (Note: Extract the file into Pc after download complete.)
Base Firmware: I9100DXLP9 (4.0.3)
Build Date: 20th April 2012
Change List: 431438
– I am not liable for any damages that could happen to your smartphone. Flash at your own risk. There is a possibility for your phone to get bricked and totally unusable.
– This firmware is only for Galaxy s2 with mode i9100 and NOT compatible to i9100G
– Create a backup of your phone’s important data to external storage.
– Battery power at least 80% full.
– If you do not have Samsung’s KIES 2.0 installed, download and install it. Correct USB drivers must be installed, so that programs can communicate with the device. Reboot computer after KIES installation.
Step 1: Set your phones into USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
Step 2: Turn your phones into download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously.
Step 3: Start ODIN on PC.
Step 4: Connect the device to your computer using USB.
Step 5: Wait a few seconds, the ODIN screen will show that a device is now connected
– Make sure that in ODIN nothing is checked, except the “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time” checkboxes.
Step 6: Press the “PDA” button, and select the “*.tar” file.
Step 7: Press “Start”. ODIN will now the firmware, and the device should reboot after flash complete.
Now you have ICS 4.0.3 in your Samsung Galaxy S II!