The official android 2.2.2 of GP Crystal is buggy, laggy and hungry storage eater!
Want to try some super fast custom ROMs! I got one for you!
Below I described the process of how to unroot your Gp Crystal phone and install a custom ROM in it.
By doing this you void your contract with GrameenPhone! And in the process of installing this ROM if you brick your phone I take no responsibility!
Procedure to update Gingerbread 2.3.5 on GP Crystal
- Before we proceed to the procedure, you will have to first ensure that you put the ROM (link given below) you are going to install in to the root of your phone’s memory card which you can do by simply transferring file from the computer to the phone via USB cable.
- Now, next up you will have to root the GP Crystal Phone with the help of the SuperOneClick (link given below). First, you need to download SuperOneClick application and need to enable USB debugging in your phone by pressing Menu, then you need to tap on Settings, then Applications, Development and need to check on option USB debugging.
- Now, after changing to USB Debugging, connect your phone with your computer using USB cable and launch the SuperOneClick from your computer and just tap on Root button.
- As soon as you tap on Root, the device will be rooted. If rooting was a success, then you’ll see a new Superuser app in your app drawer/tray and if the rooting is not successful all you will have to do is to just repeat the above procedure. You again have to restart the device so that the device is completely rooted. Once the device is restarted, your phone has been successfully rooted.
- Now, once the device has been rooted you now will have to proceed and need to downloadthe ROM Manager application from an all new Android Market Place
- Now, once the ROM Manager is installed successfully in your phone, you now need to open the ROM Manager and need to install the CWM Recovery which can be done by just tapping on the option of “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery”. After this selection, you will be prompted to select the phone model wherein you need to find and tap on the “Huawei Ascend” phone (You won’t find the model Huawei u8500) after which the CWM will be installed in your phone.
- Now select “Reboot in CWM” in ROM manager and the phone will reboot in CWM 220.127.116.11.
- Use your volume buttons to scroll through the menu and the trackball to select options from menu. Select “Backup and restore” then “Backup” to create a backup of your current ROM.
- After backing up is complete, go back to the main menu using back key, select “Wipe data/Factory reset”.
- Then select “Install zip from SD” and “Select zip” and select the ROM you are going to install.
- CWM will then start flashing your ROM so sit back and let it complete. After it finishes flashing, wipe data again for greater stability and then reboot the phone
That’s it! You now have a custom ROM, sporting android 2.3.5 made by slax!
PS. I found this backup of a guy, which one is nicely patched and works perfect. So use this for greater stability!
- Download this! : http://www.multiupload.com/0OUC09M849
- Find a folder named ClockWorkMod in your SD card. In it you will find a folder named backup.
- Unzip the downloaded file into this dir!
- Follow the steps mentioned above from 1 to 9.
- Click on BDS-20111012-1123 then restore
- Now restore your device and you will find yourself running a nice clean sp10 p3!
How to get back to the official GP ROM will be posted tomorrow!
Android 2.3.5 by slax:
- How to Dual Boot Multiple ROMs on Your Android Phone [Android] (lifehacker.com)
- 7 Reasons to Root Your Android (pocketnow.com)
- SuperOneClick – Android rooting tool (ferdianelli.wordpress.com)
- AppExtractor Selectively Restores Apps, SMS Messages, and Data from Backed Up ROMs (lifehacker.com)